Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lady Bug Themed Birthday...

Cookies and Banner and little cupcake sticks were all made handmade by Sharon. Cupcakes were ordered in to make my (Rachael) life a lot easier. I added assorted treats and sweets and let me tell you, it was a parents nightmare, but a kids DREAM! It was so great to see the faces on the little ones light up with the " Oooooooooooh My Gosh" look on their face. I think the parents had about the same reaction, but maybe in a less fantasising way..ha ha Sorry parents. It's just once a year I swear!
We played a fun pin the spots on the lady bug game. We had a few winners but gave prizes to everyone. We also played Egg relays which in that game there was a tie and EVERYBODY won! :)
The party was great despite the rain. Doodler girl was the happiest birthday girl in town!
I made these fun little invites for my daughters birthday. I was able to create a one page design for the main background on my handy dandy print shop software to save me time and money and then with my cricut I made shapes to make the lady bug embellishment. I used a black gel pen to make the dotted lines behind the lady bug and two small, black stick on circles for the antennas. I was perplexed as to what I should use for the lady bugs spots and I discovered that 3D paint works wonderfully not only on fabric, but paper too! I then finished it off with one red ribbon and tied in the "Stay put bow" style. Sharon (my mom) is working on a very lovely lady bug banner which I will include in this post when I get it in the mail. I can't wait to see it live. It looked super cute over Skype. Sharon is also going to be making little lady bug sugar cookies and cupcake embellishments. I will add all her birthday photos so you can see what we can do for you and your child on their next birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We like to hear your feedback and let us know if we can improve on anything!